Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Soap and bread

I made my first batch of goat's milk soap 5 weeks ago and it is just about ready to use. The websites I visited to get a recipe said to wait 6 weeks for saponification it finish, that's when the soap has it's cleaning abilities. If you visit fiascofarm.com, it has a recipe for soap and links to other helpful sites. I used it tonight and my skin is noticeable softer. My face usually gets red and itchy if I wash it with regular soap and the redness was much less and not at all itchy with my soap.

I also made whole wheat bread. I have been making it because I do not want to have to buy it at the store anymore. It is so expensive at $3.50 or so a loaf! I have been getting some tasty recipes from allrecipes.com. You start an online recipe file there and keep all your favorite recipes at your finger tips. I have been invited to sell soap and bread this weekend at a event in our town to celebrate the 125 th anniversary of the town. I have never sold anything before, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Remember to make it yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan, I just recently made my first batch of soap as well. I even made shower gel for the first time. It's funny that I didn't notice anything "wrong" with the gel I was used, if fact I like it. After the first shower with my homemade gel, I noticed I rinsed off so much easier. I had no dry skin afterwards either. I did this to save money, but I also found my skin reacted better. And to think I had no problem to my favorite "store brought gel". BTW Thanks for all the recipes. Love your blog...Ann from Texas

    ReplyDelete